Webuild is the new name of the Salini Impregilo Group, the global construction player specialized in building large works and complex infrastructure for the sustainable mobility, hydroelectric energy, water, green buildings and the tunnelling sectors.
Webuild is the expression of 117 years of applied engineering experience in 50 countries, in five continents, thanks to the talent of 85,000 people from over 100 nationalities. With a total backlog reaching €61 billion*, Webuild is a group guided by the passion for building and the pursuit of excellence, which renewed its commitment to building a sustainable future by applying its know-how to build innovative and valuable works.
*Consolidated Financial Results at June 30, 2023
Webuild is hiring a Plant Director / Manager for one of the most important strategic start-up projects regarding TBM Refurbishment and Development.
The role will be based in Rome or Milan with frequent (5 days per week – no smart working) travels to Terni, first of all, and rest of other Plants in Italy.
- Ideate and implement strategic improvements for production, quality, and labor utilization throughout the facility in order to achieve the cost, quality and safety targets;
- Apply lean manufacturing principles in designing, specifying, and validating world-class manufacturing processes;
- Commit to plant safety procedures, according to “Datore di Lavoro” role;
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets;
- Provide leadership to ensure effective utilization of plant personnel and equipment;
- Collaborate with functional departments in the implementation of improvements;
- Investigate and implement innovative manufacturing processes to reduce costs and improve product quality.
- +10/15 years’ of experience in similar roles as Plant Director or Production Unit Manager, in Manufacturing Site, based in Italy or abroad;
- Engineering Degree, Mechanical Engineering, is preferable, but not mandatory;
- Excellent English and Italian;
- Availability to travel;
- Highly prone to Quality and Safety related matters;
Webuild is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications for vacant positions will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age, disability or beliefs.