Job Posting Title
Senior Mechanical Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to contribute to Haier Europe. The Company is on a journey to achieve ambitious business growth and leadership objectives in the region, and we need someone who is passionate, proactive, self-driven and motivated to join a team of open-minded individuals.
We are looking for an individual who demonstrates the core values of the Haier’s attitude: entrepreneurship and innovation, zero distance to consumers and IoT & Ecosystem thinking. A true change agent with an agile approach thriving for idea contamination and with a hyper-collaborative approach that breaks silos and creates an open ecosystem.
What you will do
The Mechanical Design Engineer will directly report to the Design Engineering Manager and will lead the conceptualization and development of technical solutions under a specific subsystem and should be able to perform complex analysis of mechanical components. Will work closely with Platform Engineers and Technical Leaders in order to perform design decisions and development of new components and assemblies.
The Senior Mechanical Design is the backbone of the R&D Design team who will play a key role on mentoring junior engineers and developing innovative solutions for current and future platforms.
ACTIVITIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead minor projects
- Translate Voice of Customer requirements into technical requirements
- Collaborate with Technical People to perform complex analyzes
- Define plan and conduct design decisions coordination for systems
- Train & mentor technical people.
- Release engineering drawing in PLM system.
- Define drawing GD&T specifications interpreted by company standard ISO1101
- Develop of D-FMEA, Tolerance Stack and Design Test plan
- Apply Six Sigma & Design for Six Sigma tools on minor/major projects for current and future platforms
- Create and archive technical project documentations: Design Guides, DFMEAs, Product Decomposition
What you need to succeed
Requirements and competences
- University degree on technical discipline or equivalent demonstrated knowledge.
- Master Degree will be a plus
- 3/5 years working experience in similar role/ industry
- Fluent English (R/W/S)
- Technical coaching abilities
- Used to drive project development according to company specific procedures.
- Good knowledge of Cooling products
- Knowledge of main manufacturing technologies plastic injection and metal stamping and bending
- Capable to evaluate the development of mechanical components and assemblies by developing test plans, analyzing FEM and T-Stacks results
- Competent proficiency level MS Office suite Excel, Power Point
- Proficiency level in job’s specific tools: Creo 4, Team Center, Minitab, simulation tools, BOM.
- Provide direction and support to other Mechanical Engineers
- Ability to manage multiple development project in parallel for subsystem / components
- Autonomy in the assigned works / activities
Nice to have:
- Project Management (i.e. PMI)
- Simulation skills and CFD
- Six Sigma Black belt certification
- DFMEA advance knowledge
- Six Sigma intermediated competences
- Team player
- Problem solving attitude
- -Provides guidance/coordination through daily communication within the R&D dept.
- -Daily/weekly contact within internal and external departments (R&D, Manufacturing, Product engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing. Laboratory and suppliers)
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence others
- Availability to travel depending on project needs
Haier Europe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.