Stantec is hiring a Senior Process Engineer for water and wastewater treatment plants. The role involves working on projects associated with water and wastewater treatment plants, drinking, storm and sanitary water networks.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
Oversee process investigations, concept and detailed designs for civil/ water/ wastewater infrastructure, recommendation for electro-mechanical equipment.
- Coordinate data collection and analysis for conceptual planning and design, review design drawings, prepare specifications, and adjust design as required.
- Coordinate and review field surveys and investigations.
Manage and support preparation of process specifications, tendering and contract administration.
- Carry out engineering analysis, technical reports, design calculations, specifications, and project drawings.
- Manage project activities applying technical engineering planning, principles, and techniques.
- Review project deliverables including writing technical reports, gathering information from other disciplines specialists, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
- Determine budgets, timelines and cost estimates for project design and construction.
Collaboration and working as part of a team.
- Collaborate with other engineers and disciplines specialists for project execution, including strategy and approach, calculations, etc.
- Collaborate with Project Managers for contract administration.
- Co-conduct technical and site investigations
- Liaise with staff at office and working from remote, including international locations.
- Be a good communicator.
Client Service Management
- Be the Internal and external client liaison.
- Build and maintain lasting and positive relationships.
- Show experience in water utility industry.
Follow health safety practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
Process & Hydraulic Senior Engineer
a) Bachelor’s / master’s degree in chemical/Process Engineering/Environmental Engineer. A recognized Professional Certification would be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum ten (10) years demonstrable experience.
- At least six (6) years in Design Process Engineering for Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants.
- Experience in design/build tender and projects
- Experience in construction supervision of Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants would be a distinct advantage
- Must be fluent in Italian and English both written and spoken
- Good capability in oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills and the ability to utilize design software are mandatory.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Environmental Engineer
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 28,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!