Job Posting Title
Performance Laboratory Leader
An exciting opportunity has arisen to contribute to Haier Europe. The Company is on a journey to achieve ambitious business growth and leadership objectives in the region, and we need someone who is passionate, proactive, self-driven and motivated to join a team of open-minded individuals.
We are looking for an individual who demonstrates the core values of the Haier’s attitude: entrepreneurship and innovation, zero distance to consumers and IoT & Ecosystem thinking. A true change agent with an agile approach thriving for idea contamination and with a hyper-collaborative approach that breaks silos and creates an open ecosystem.
What you will do
The Performance Lab Leader will be responsible to lead and coordinate a team in the Washing Technology & Subsystem organization, working on performance of WM, DW and TD.
- Deliver, in time and with the expected quality, all the projects related to the performance and main attributes of the product (washing machine, wash&dryer, tumble dryer, dishwashing), in coordination with the Ramp&Extraction leader and NVH team leader,
- Take care of the professional growth (technical skills, capabilities and responsibilities) of each person of the team.
Working closely with Platform leaders, Project leaders and System Integrators, he/she should define targets feasibility, test plan, resource allocation, timing and monitor and reporting them during the development, verification and validation phases of each project (kpi definition, risk assessment, statistical analysis, etc).
He/She should define and periodically review the performance product roadmap.
- In collaboration with marketing team, identify new market trends, and opportunities and area where improve the product attributes and create new features (competitor benchmark, gap analysis, Consumer Institute reviews and 5Stars analysis, IOT data analysis).
- increase the product efficiency by designing new cycles, developing new machine algorithms and sw routines (in collaboration with electronic team), validating hydraulic components (with mechanical design team),
- optimize and improve the product by cost saving and quality activity validation,
- new energy regulation impact assessment.
As Lab Leader he will check and monitor the lab and equipment efficiency.
What you need to succeed
- Strong technical background
- Leadership and mentorship
- 7-10 yrs experience in managing large and global team (in home appliance industry and R&D department is preferred)
Education: Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemistry, physics or equivalent
Languages:Fluent in English and Italian, both written and spoken
Soft skills: Communication skill
Nice to have
Knowledge of home, washing and drying, appliances
Haier Europe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.