Job Posting Title
An exciting opportunity has arisen to contribute to Haier Europe. The Company is on a journey to achieve ambitious business growth and leadership objectives in the region, and we need someone who is passionate, proactive, self-driven and motivated to join a team of open-minded individuals.
We are looking for an individual who demonstrates the core values of the Haier’s attitude: entrepreneurship and innovation, zero distance to consumers and IoT & Ecosystem thinking. A true change agent with an agile approach thriving for idea contamination and with a hyper-collaborative approach that breaks silos and creates an open ecosystem.
What you will do
Material Engineer works on project development and execution with the aim of maintaining the product line up in line with the expected costs to be competitive and the quality that distinguishes our products.
This role is focused on the technical management of projects that are focused on maintaining a competitive product portfolio which is driven by a healthy cost pipeline and the quality improvement of the existing product portfolio.
She/He is responsible for following the project through the development gates, coordinating with the involved stakeholders to achieve the implementation.
ACTIVITIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Definition and coordination for related approval test plans in manufacturing and laboratory.
- Design and development of components and small systems.
- Create and release engineering drawings in the PLM system according to drawing ISO standard (1101), company, and quality procedures.
- Analyze, evaluate, and document data.
- Create and archive technical project documentation: i.e., Design decisions / BOM product changes.
- Direction and priorities provided by Cost & Quality leader
What you need to succeed
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCES
- University degree in technical fields. Preferable Material Engineering or Chemical.
- At least 1/3 year working experience in a similar role/ industry
- Intermediate level in interpreting and creating CAD drawings.
- Intermediate level in job specific tools: CAD, PLM, BOM.
- Translate minor projects into direction/actions and priorities.
- Provide direction and support to other colleagues.
- Track assigned activities status and planning.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel for subsystems/components.
- Autonomy in the assigned works/activities
- Good knowledge / equivalent expertise on material properties (Metal and plastic)
- Basic level in MS Office SW: Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- English level at least B2
Nice to have
- A proficient level in CREO 4 and Team Center is a plus.
- Basic level in Microsoft Project and Minitab.
- Good knowledge of Cooling products.
- Team player
- Problem-solving attitude
- Communication: Daily/weekly contact within internal and external departments (Quality, NPI, Product Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing. Laboratory, and suppliers)
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence others
- Availability to travel depending on project needs.
Haier Europe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.