Are you interested and strongly motivated to work in the field of sustainability? Here is your chance!
Stantec – among the five most sustainable companies in the world according to the 2023 Corporate Knights ranking and one of the world top 10 engineering and architecture firms according to ENR annual rankings – is looking for an intern to join its Sustainability team. With us you’ll be able to start your career in an internationally operating company, working in a diversified team of highly motivated colleagues, with the possibility of flexible working hours. You will find a dynamic environment, where inclusiveness, respect and cooperation are the backbone of its culture.
Here are some of the areas where you will support us:
- Analysis and implementation of sustainability strategies;
- Collection and analysis of data related to the preparation of sustainability reports;
- Support in preparing relevant reporting and communication material for external reporting;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Verification of compliance with international regulations in the field of sustainability (CSRD, Taxonomy etc.);
- Definition of models for measuring the economic, social and environmental impacts of projects;
- Systems for calculating climate-altering emissions;
- Circular economy;
- Management systems for the social and environmental sustainability of companies;
- Creation of plans for sustainable mobility (mobility management plan);
- Educational projects on the topic of sustainability.
Formative objectives include:
- Understanding sustainable business practices;
- Analysing and implementing ESG frameworks;
- Researching and staying informed about current sustainability trends and regulations;
- Engaging with stakeholders on sustainability and ESG-related matters;
- Development of project management and teamwork skills.
Skills to be aquired:
- Proficiency in data analysis and visualization tools. This includes both quantitative data (like emissions data) and qualitative data (like policies and procedures);
- Familiarity with environmental, social, and governance metrics and indicators;
- Knowledge of sustainability software, databases and regulatory knowledge;
- Management skills (task/project management).
Junior Sustainability Specialist – Internship
The ideal candidate:
- Currently enrolled in, or recent graduate of a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in environmental science, environmental engineering, sustainability, sustainability business or related field;
- Has a good understanding of ESG due diligence, ESG risk assessment, Supply chain or ESG reporting;
- Has a good understanding of Non-Financial reporting regulations and practices (NFRD, CSRD, TCFD, EU Taxonomy, GRI);
- Has strong interest and understanding of LCA, carbon emissions, and climatology/climate change, both from a general topic to a business matter;
- Is able to work in teams with different levels of seniority and has an innate ability to relate to others, preferring collaboration over competition;
- Is proactive and independent, and can organize her/his own tasks in an effective way for a timely delivery to meet deadlines;
- Has strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with various stakeholders;
- Is a good team player, open-minded, enthusiastic and responsible;
- Is able to work independently and against tight schedules to meet deadlines.
- Has a good knowledge of the Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Experience and knowledge of LCA software and carbon footprint accounting is considered a plus;
- Excellent knowledge of both written and spoken Italian;
- Excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English, any other language is considered a plus;
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Intern
Job Category: Environmental Science
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 28,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!