Job Posting Title
Jr Mechanical Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to contribute to Haier Europe. The Company is on a journey to achieve ambitious business growth and leadership objectives in the region, and we need someone who is passionate, proactive, self-driven and motivated to join a team of open-minded individuals.
We are looking for an individual who demonstrates the core values of the Haier’s attitude: entrepreneurship and innovation, zero distance to consumers and IoT & Ecosystem thinking. A true change agent with an agile approach thriving for idea contamination and with a hyper-collaborative approach that breaks silos and creates an open ecosystem.
What you will do
Jr Mechanical Design Engineer will report directly to the Design Engineering Manager and will develop & design components, subsystems or systems aimed to deliver an architectural design for a refrigerator product.
The resource is responsible to follow from conceptualization to product launch of technical solutions providing all required design documentation to main stakeholders through all the product development process milestones, followed up and coordinated by Senior Engineers.
- Design and development, of components or small system; coordinated or supported by Senior Engineers
- Create and release engineering drawing in PLM system according to drawing ISO standard (1101) and GD&T specifications, with company and quality procedures.
- Create and archive technical project documentations Design Guides, DFMEAs, Product Decomposition.
- Analysis, evaluate and document data.
- Direction and priorities provide by supervisor/technical leader
- Develop of DFMEA, tolerance stacks and Test Plans of components and assemblies
What you need to succeed
- Basic level in interpreting and creating 2D CAD drawings (GD&T)
- Basic level in job’s specific tools: Creo 4 (CAD) or similar software
- Basic knowledge in main manufacturing technologies
- Track assigned activities status and planning.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel for subsystem / components
- Autonomy in the assigned works / activities
- Basic level in General office SW, Excel, Power Point, Word
Education: Technical diploma or university degree or equivalent demonstrated knowledge.
Professional Experience:At least 0-2 year working experience in similar role/ industry
Languages:Fluent in English and Italian, both written and spoken
Soft skills: Team player – Self-motivation – Problem solving attitude – Communication: Daily/weekly contact within internal and external departments (R&D, Manufacturing, Product engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing. Laboratory and suppliers)
Other:Ability to work cross-functionally and influence others – Availability to travel depending on project needs, up to 30%
Nice to have
- Proficient level in CREO 4 is a plus
- Master in Mechanical Engineering
Haier Europe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.