The Group Advanced Analytics and Automation Solutions Unit is in charge of driving the execution of key Artificial Intelligence projects at Group level, related both to AI-driven automation and AI recommendations/predictions and support local Business Units to implement local projects. The unit is also responsible for designing, implementing, and continuously improving a library of central shared analytics / automation services, leveraging cutting-edge technologies, algorithms and methodologies, available for the BUs through a central platform.
The Group Central Data Platform Analyst will be involved into the ambitious project of building the Generali Group Central Data Platform. He/she will collect, test and use the relevant data from multiple BUs and multiple Businesses across the world.
The successful candidate will implement the Enterprise Data Model, starting from the conceptual version and translating it into a real physical one, where the local data will be mapped into the central Platform through a single Global Hierarchy.
He/she will work on the full range of ETL activities, interacting with several different teams: Data/Software Engineers, Data Scientists, GHO domain experts, Data Owners (P&C, Claims), local IT and Analytics teams. He/she will be the owner of Central Data Mapping Tables, knowing the most granular details of all the steps of Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading into the various Data Layers (Bronze, Silver, Gold).
The job will also give the incumbent the opportunity to:
– Contribute to building sophisticated new Central Dashboards
– Look for new valuable and actionable insights, useful both for central steering and for local implementation projects
– Define and implement advanced analytics models that leverage cross-country and external datasets
– Support the P&C and Life functions in defining and developing new business KPIs
Data Platform Comprehension, Ingestion and Transformation
– Translate the Conceptual Enterprise Data Model into a physical one in the Group Central Data Platform identifying upfront the Data requirements for the development of analytics products and generation of actionable insights
– Design the ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) requirements and oversees the physical delivery of data in the Group Data Platform and in the different layers (Bronze, Silver and Gold)
– Lead the ETL code design and manage the correct maintenance
– Create, implement, and maintain the Central Data tables and data relationships between the different data variables (Attributes, Measures) and harmonization across multiple countries and external data sources
– Oversee the physical Data Mapping of local data into the central data tables and manage the set-up and delivery of any new KPI required by Business functions or needed for the future set of Central Dashboards
– Define and implement the right set of Data Quality Standards KPIs ensuring a high data quality, integrity, and compliance to the Data Privacy policies
– Identify any existing Data Gaps, running multiple checks, and coordinate any required gap closure activity with the specific BU and Data Owners
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand any new data requirements and implement new dedicated solution to load the data
– Make sure data are available in the core visualization tool (Power BI) for business users
– Develop and enforce in the Group Data Platform data governance policies, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and internal guidelines collaborating with the various Data Domain Owners and local Data Power Users
– Establish and maintain documentation for ETL processes and configurations
– Support the Multi-Year project delivery, working closely with the Data Engineers Team and the internal Digital Factory
– Works in alignment with Data Scientists and key GHO stakeholders (Claims, P&C) to fully understand their data requirements, making sure that all the data needed are identified, loaded, mapped, tested and ready to be used
– Identifies and monitor the project’s milestones and deliverables through a clear, ambitious but realistic plan
– Runs the Daily SAL monitoring and tracking the key action items of the implementation sprints. Raise issues and red flags when needed to manage proper escalations and implement mitigation actions
– Support the creation of Executive Summary decks for the monthly SAL with Senior Executives and for the GOC Steering Committee (Core BU’s COO)
Data Analytics and Insights:
– Generate actionable and valuable business insights leveraging the data available centrally in the Group Data Platform at a very granular level
– Support the design, data collection and delivery of a first set of Central Dashboards and new Business KPIs
– Define a clear implementation plan of Central Dashboards with clear deliverables, milestone and go live dates
– Identify significant new trends and business opportunities across multiple geographies
Strong problem-solving skills, creativity, and determination
Excellent analytical and deductive skills
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or Business Economics or Statistics
Proven experience as a data analyst, data engineer, working in Data ETL projects
Strong proficiency in Python, ETLs (AWS Glue)
Solid understanding of data governance and tooling, security, and privacy principles
Strong communication and collaboration skills
Very Strong experience with building Dashboards in Power BI
Good knowledge of written and spoken English (B2)
Knowledge of IT Cloud data architecture
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees.
GOSP – Generali Operations Service Platform is a joint-venture between Generali and Accenture and provides IT and Procurement services to Generali Group companies. Our purpose is to accelerate the Group’s innovation and digitization strategy through the Cloud and shared platforms. Based in Italy it has 5 branches across Europe and employs about 1.000 people.