To support an international team on a challenging environmental project in Europe, we are looking for a junior / mid level Cost Estimator to join the Stantec Italian office.
The candidate will be asked to support the Lead Cost Estimator developing cost and implementation schedule of engineered options of a Feasibility Study by interacting with the engineers and other professional involved as well as using advance software systems.
At need he will be active to support other teams with similar activities.
Cost Estimator junior / mid level
If you feel comfortable with the following you might be the right candidate: attention to details, pro-active approach, international team working, passion for transforming projects into construction, analytical approach, play with numbers and budgeting.
The skills we are looking for are:
- Engineering degree (Civil, environmental, other relevant)
- 3- 5 years working experience
- Experience in the construction or environmental remediation industry with reference to either site work cost control, budgeting, Bill of Quantity creation, etc
- Language: good knowledge of Italian & English is required, knowledge of French or German is a plus
- Good time management and scheduling skills
- Ability to work and be efficient under pressure
- Analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of construction and engineering processes
- High-level mathematical skills including cost estimation techniques
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents and technical specifications
- High-level knowledge of excel and other analytical software
- Knowledge of GIS is a plus
- Previous experience with Microsoft Project, primavera or similar planning tools is a plus
- Previous experience with InEight or other cost estimation tool is a plus
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering, IT/IS, Science
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 28,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!