We are looking for a passionate and experienced Cloud Engineer, based in Germany or Italy, that will join the GOSP Cloud Competence Center team, a cross-country, high-performance team of cloud professionals.
- Evolve and manage the AWS Cloud Foundation and Landing Zone as a product. This covers account organization, network topology, identity and access management, domain and proxy services, OS images and patching, monitoring/logging, security hardening and alerting, vulnerability management, disaster recovery and more
- Consults and supports application owners and project teams across international Generali entities using the AWS cloud platform
- Supports the adoption of AWS best practices and GOSP’s Infrastructure-as-Code approach with Terraform and CI/CD pipelines
- Helps application owners to develop and implement cost-optimized, cloud-native solution designs. Performs cloud cost estimations and drives and supports cloud migration initiatives
- Contributes to definition and execution of the Generali cloud strategy. Manages and supports strategic initiatives in order to shape GOSP’s service offering for cloud
- Manages the relationship with the cloud provider. Ensures the service delivery according to SLAs. Supports the incident/problem resolution with the cloud provider
- Tracks and analyses cloud consumptions and proposes cost optimization levers to applications owners. Supports financial processes like budget and chargeback
- Works in an international, agile team using Kanban methodology
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- 4+ years of experience as Cloud Engineer on AWS
- Strong skills on Amazon Web Services, ideally proven by provider certifications, such as AWS Solution Architect
- Ideally base-level knowledge of all major cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Multi-year experience working in public cloud in an enterprise environment with a good understanding of system design and security topics
- Development skills using main programming or scripting languages (java, java script, powershell) and development tools such as Gitlab and VSCode
- Knowledge in Terraform
- Strong communication and coordination skills, in order to effectively manage relationships with customers and with internal stakeholders
- Ability to adapt, proactivity and sense of accountability, especially in situations of stress and tight deadlines
- Result orientation, open and cooperative mindset, comfortable working in a challenging and rapidly evolving environment
- Customer orientation, proactive approach in solving customer issues and managing their expectations
- Fluent in English (B2) with experience to work in international teams
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees.
GOSP – Generali Operations Service Platform is a joint-venture between Generali and Accenture and provides IT and Procurement services to Generali Group companies. Our purpose is to accelerate the Group’s innovation and digitization strategy through the Cloud and shared platforms. Based in Italy it has 5 branches across Europe and employs about 1.000 people.