Stantec is hiring a Civil Hydraulic Engineer for a variety of projects.
The role involves working on a variety of projects associated with wastewater treatment plant, storm water & drainage, flood alleviation, wastewater networks and water distribution networks.
The person will work mainly in the team dedicated to infrastructure projects and will perform the following activities:
- Civil/Hydraulic design: concept, final and detailed designs for civil/ water/ wastewater infrastructure, definition of electromechanical equipment.
- Data collection review and analysis for conceptual planning and design.
- Hydraulic river modelling.
- Hydraulic data analysis, calculations and reporting.
- Technical design specifications and drawings.
- Field investigations planning to collect design information.
- Engineering analysis, technical writing, design calculations, specifications, and drawings on projects.
- Carry on project activities through the application of technical engineering planning, principles and techniques.
- Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
- Work alongside with the Project Manager; Project Technical leaders and Technical Directors.
- Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
- Knowledge of the public bids’ procedure will be considered a plus.
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Design for safety, i.e., Construction Design Management.
- Other duties as requested from time to time by the Lead/ Supervisor Civil Engineer.
The resource will have the opportunity to join other sectors to grow working on different projects with public, private, oil&gas, manufacturing, real estate client, both at national and international level.
The resource will be flexible to face challenging tasks and workloads together with the team to meet delivery deadlines.
Civil Hydraulic Engineer
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Chemical/Process Engineering/Environmental Engineer.
- Chartered engineer: a recognized Professional Qualification would be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrable experience.
- Knowledge of Design Process Engineering for Wastewater Treatment Plants will be considered a plus.
- Experience in site works management and H&S coordination also will be considered a plus.
- Must be fluent in Italian and English both written and spoken with good capability in oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills and the ability to utilize design software are mandatory.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering, IT/IS, Science
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 28,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!