Webuild is the new name of the Salini Impregilo Group, the global construction player specialized in building large works and complex infrastructure for the sustainable mobility, hydroelectric energy, water, green buildings and the tunnelling sectors.
Webuild is the expression of 117 years of applied engineering experience in 50 countries, in five continents, thanks to the talent of 85,000 people from over 100 nationalities. With a total backlog reaching €61 billion*, Webuild is a group guided by the passion for building and the pursuit of excellence, which renewed its commitment to building a sustainable future by applying its know-how to build innovative and valuable works.
*Consolidated Financial Results at June 30, 2023
Webuild Group is currently hiring a Buyer for its Commodity Material & Permanent Systems in the Headquarters in Milan.
- Supporting the Global Commodity Manager and coordinating with buyers of one’s Unit, to define the strategy for procuring Material & Permanent Systems goods ;
- Supporting and being in charge for the overall Sourcing Process including Defining the Supplier List in the Vendor List, preparing the request for proposal to send to suppliers, and managing commercial and contractual negotiation activities with the identified suppliers, to pursue the following targets: inexpensiveness, synergy, qualitative excellence and lead time optimization;
- Contributing to the Company and Procurement Commodity team objectives
- Ensure compliance with Global Supply Chain and Company Policies.
- Analysing, comparing and assessing the offers received by suppliers, also guaranteeing that they are technically checked by requesting Corporate Departments/Operational Units. Also, preparing summary tables of the final offers and recommendations;
- Drawing up the terms and conditions of agreements/purchase orders, with the support of the Legal Department and Contract Department, while also coordinating with requesting Departments;
- Supporting supplier relations, in compliance with the Company’s Code of Ethics, its Organization, Management and Control Model, pursuant to Legislative Decree 231/2001, and its Anti-Corruption Model;
- Supporting Regional Supply Chain Managers and Procurement Managers, to create procurement plans for the Operational Units, to maximize efficiency and effectiveness;
- Supporting Bidding and Start up team during bidding phase
- Supporting report analysis activities and identifying corrective measures, in agreement with the Global Commodity Manager and Vendor Management, to manage and mitigate critical issues detected while carrying out the procurement process.
- Supporting the Commodity team in defining and implementing Commodity strategies
- 1/3 years’ experience in the same role in multinational contexts;
- Specialist Degree in Engineering/Economy/Business Management;
- Market analysis and benchmarking skills;
- Supply base selection, development and management;
- Capable of carrying out prime cost driver value analyses;
- Excellent mastery of MS Office; SAP MM;
- Available to travel and stay to/at worksites and joint ventures;
- Fluent English.
The following skills complete the profile:
- Numerical and critical data analysis skills;
- Teamwork oriented
- Excellent communication and relational skills.
- ERP (SAP) knowledge
Webuild is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications for vacant positions will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age, disability or beliefs.